Old August 25th 10, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Runaway Train On The Tube

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:15:39PM -0700, Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 23, 11:51=A0pm, Roland Perry wrote:
Almost every EMT train I get to St Pancras seem to have a red hexagonal
"not to be moved" sign attached above the driver's door as soon as it
arrives.

A regular feature of intercity trains at London terminals (and at the
other ends as well I think), the meaning of which I've idly pondered
many a time but never definitively deciphered.

I would assume it means that the honey wagon is attached or that staff
are busy re-stocking the buffet etc and would rather not get hauled off
to the sidings or, even worse, the north.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary" -- H. L. Mencken