Old August 26th 10, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_3_] Robin[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster question, please

For whatever moronic reason we don't have flat fares in London so you
have to swipe in and out which means its limited to one person per
journey.

For transatlantic readers, we don't all think it is moronic given in
particular (i) the size of the London Underground network and the
congestion in its central area in particular and (ii) the ability to
extend the Oyster card to (so far) National Rail services in the wider
London area. In other words we're like Hong Kong with its Octopus Card,
Tokyo with its Suica/PASMO,......
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com