Old August 26th 10, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster question, please

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

Unfortunately, most transit systems seem to impose a "tourist tax"
by way of un-used credit of one sort or another.

I've got several cards for the NY subway (now expired), most of a
Paris 10-ticket carnet, and unusually nothing on a Brussels prepaid
card. Plus a "second" Oyster card with quite a bit of credit I
think (I live outside London and that card gets used maybe three
times a year on average). And Amsterdam seems to be going
electronic to such an extent I may need to get a prepaid card for
there sooner rather than later.

You should be alright with the Paris carnet tickets. I've just used 2 of
the 4 left from my last visit here - in 1999. They are plain bluish green
card, quite unlike the current issue but the mag strip is obviously enough
the same to operate the gates at Gare du Nord.

I only keep £1.80 credit on my Oyster cards if possible, or whatever the
minimum fare to get into the tube at King's Cross is this year.

--
Colin Rosenstiel