Old January 26th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
van Ash van Ash is offline

Default Oyster readers turned off

Simon Hewison wrote in
:

There is clearly a need for station staff to understand they can't
just leave the gates in the state that they've been in for the past
few years. (open, and in whatever state they happen to be in).

And Old Street today. This morning going out, gates locked open, Oyster
readers taped over. The one member of staff seemed quite put out when I
asked him how I should validate my Oyster outbound since I have pre-pay
as well as a travelcard on it, then moved away from the only working
outbound reader so that I could now see it and use it.

Going in this evening, main gates locked open, Oyster readers not even
showing red. Since I was early, it wasn't too busy, so I looked around
and found the only inbound Oyster reader working off to one side. (but
no-one to ask what was going on, and no notices).

Given that I have noted that there are now significant number of Oysters
in use, this is not looking good.

van