Old September 3rd 10, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heathrow Connect dropping to an hourly service on Sundays

On 3 Sep, 14:01, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:48:03 on
Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Bruce remarked:

In a similar way, the Pods running between the Terminal 5 and the
Business car park probably helped get BAA planning permission for
something else works at Heathrow. *They are no longer needed, so are
just left to gather dust.

The pods are supposed to be a "proof of concept" ahead of implementing
pods through the old taxi tunnels to T123 (which will help keep cars out
of the central area). I haven't been to Heathrow recently - are the T5
pods running at all, or is it still in the "proving trials" phase?

They haven't started running a public service yet, no. All seems to
have gone a bit quiet - there used to be a section on the BAA Heathrow
website about the PRT system, but I can't find that now.