Old September 4th 10, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr. Sunil Dr. Sunil is offline

Default Stratford platform 3a

On 1 Sep, 20:55, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
wrote in message

On 01/09/2010 15:17, MIG wrote:
On 1 Sep, 12:08, Mike *wrote:
In
,
* * * * *Paul *wrote:

On Sep 1, 12:01 am, *wrote:

Presumably the old platform 3 will close - or will we have the
excitement of
dual platforms and both sets of doors opening?

AIUI the latter. No platforms are closing.

The email I got is quite explicit on this point. * *It says:

} Westbound Central line train doors will now open on both sides.
} When facing the direction of travel, you should exit via the right
} side of the train to change onto London Overground and National
} Rail services or via the left side of the train to change onto the
} Jubilee line, DLR or to leave the station.

This, I suppose, begs the question: *doors open on both sides of the
train at Barking, and soon at Stratford... anywhere else?

--
Mike Bristow * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I can't think of anywhere else on LU where non-terminating trains do
it.

I can't think of any place that terminating trains do it. The only
place that I know of that opens doors on both sides is the DLR at
Canary Wharf.

Terminating trains open the doors on both sides at Morden, Golders
Green, Arnos Grove and White City.

Peter Smyth

IME Golders Green terminators only disgorge onto the platform in
direction of travel.