Old September 5th 10, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Another Borris Bendy Bursts into Flames

On 5 Sep, 09:07, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 22:34:10 +0100, Neil Williams

wrote:
On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 22:02:26 +0100, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

...and here it is...

Given that Citaros are used in very large numbers throughout Germany,
you'd think this sort of thing would have been ironed out. *Has the
modification for right-hand drive perhaps put something hot next to
something flammable that isn't the case in the normal LHD model?

Hardly given that Berlin have had several go up in flames over the last
year or so. They've only just got round to fitting suppression equipment
for their fleet. Citaros have combusted ever since they came off the
production line. I've seen plenty of photos of lhd versions looking
singed. * I completely agree that whatever the root cause is that it
should have been identified and resolved by now.
--
Paul C

Maybe the insurance makes them cheaper to scrap once they've combusted?