Old September 7th 10, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_3_] Robin[_3_] is offline

Default Visitor Oyster cards

The reason I was intereseted to see what would happen with my
*visitor* Oyster card -- the promotional Oyster cards aimed at
tourists -- is that the T&Cs always used to say that you couldn't
register or protect a visitor Oyster card. (I did just look, and I
can't find that now, so maybe they've changed it?)

They moved some of the them. I think you now need
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/termsandconditions/899.aspx

From there eg
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...f-carriage.pdf and
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...f-carriage.pdf

"6.11. Oyster cards available to visitors
These Oyster cards are issued at our agents abroad and
who deal with high volumes of visitors. Special Terms and
Oyster cards as follows:

.. The card can only be used for to pay as you go
.. A non-refundable £2 charge is applied when purchasing
.. No deposit is applied when the card is issued
.. The card cannot be registered/protected."

HTH

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com