Old September 7th 10, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
trainmanUK trainmanUK is offline

Default Cash fare from Charing Cross to Richmond

Looking at the cash fare options in London it seems to be very
complicated. Have I got the following correct.

If I want to travel from Charing Cross to Richmond there are 3
different prices.

1. Charing Cross to Waterloo and on to Richmond. All on National
Rail Cash fare Anytime single £3.70

2. Same journey but underground to embankment and then district to
Richmond. Cash fare underground only Zones 1-4 £4.00

3. Same journey again but underground to waterloo then train to
Richmond Cash fare underground and national rail £5.60

Am I correct. It seems very complicated for such a simple journey. I
know oyster would be better but sometimes you only want to make single
journey.