Old September 7th 10, 02:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] news10paul@moo.uklinux.net is offline

Default Oyster Extension Permits

Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
It seems this case was overturned on appeal, though that's relatively
hard to find - http://home.vicnet.net.au/~safari/newsletters/No58.pdf
(near the bottom of the last column on the last page) says:

[...]
The court noted that passengers were not warned to check for a green
light and a beep when touching their cards onto the reader -

Seeing as its either (as I recall) a round green light or a
round red light, is there also a colour-blindness defence?
And do the readers not sometimes beep (but maybe twice?) also
on a failed read? Hmm. Since I don't seem to remember very
clearly, perhaps I better hope there's a "hopelessly confused"
defence as well.

#Paul