Old September 7th 10, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Visitor Oyster cards

"Roy Badami" wrote in message
On 07/09/10 16:08, tim.... wrote:

You need to "register" to do this.

I don't think that's true.

Certainly I can do the above with the visitor Oyster card I added to my
existing online account, and that card is not registered. Indeed the
online account tells me that it's not registered, and in any case one
can't, ostensibly, register a visitor Oyster card.

It seems that I can add credit to it (or at least I didn't get to a point
where it rejected this request)

but as I have to go to a specified station to "activate" that addition, this
seems a pointless thing to do given that I can add credit at a station from
the machines without the hassle of nominating a station first

tim