Old September 8th 10, 12:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Blackfriars Station - pics of the work being carried out

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message

They held a 'friends and family day last Sunday (5 Sept) where we were
allowed to view the project from the Network Rail offices and behind the
scaffolding.

Hope the pictures at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p67016409.html are
of interest.

Your pictures made me look back at this BBC story from the 24th August.

.... because these surprising statements made me do a double take at the
time:

"Construction of the upper concourse has finished and the closure in
November will allow work to switch from the west side to the east side of
the bridge."

"The completion of the upper station concourse paves the way for the track
"switch" at Christmas."

I wonder why the BBC think that. Could it be that NR have issued a press
release that can be misinterpreted big time? Oh yes, and here it is - 'Rail
Minister sees Thameslink progress at St Albans and Blackfriars':

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...chCategoryID=8

"The minister continued her tour of the Thameslink Programme by taking a
train to the landmark redevelopment of Blackfriars station, where she was
able to walk along the newly constructed concourse for the north station..."

"The completion of the north station concourse is a critical milestone for
the Blackfriars project..."

Still the same old spin...

Paul S