Old September 8th 10, 09:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Javelin Trains Side-lined

In message , at
22:42:55 on Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
I’ll have you know I once drank in a not for profit state owned bar,
one of the members’ bars in the House of Commons.

When I checked the price of my beer, boy had the state delivered.

Figures I've seen quoted in recent "OMG MPs and their guests eat and
drink it's disgusting!!!!" newspaper articles suggested the prices are
more than in, say, a Trafalgar Square pub.

When I was last bought a drink on the Terrace outside the HoL (about a
year ago) I was surprised how much it cost. According to my host, any
subsidies there once might have been are long gone.