Old September 9th 10, 10:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Capt. Deltic Capt. Deltic is offline

Default Javelin Trains Side-lined

On 9 Sep, 10:29, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sep 8, 5:55*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

I'd also propose that NO trains have been 'sidelined' at any time. Some are
modified, and some aren't, that's all.

Still in service, then? *The Standard seemed to be reporting as if
they'd all been withdrawn for mods with all trains cancelled.

Is the lurching any worse than, say, a Pendolino through Berkhamsted
(just before Berko there is a particularly bad lurch and bang where
the tilt mechanism reaches its full extent at the same time as a bad
bit of track makes the suspension bottom and the cant increases).
Actually, I've been tempted to report it in case there's actually
something wrong - does anyone else know what I mean and have a view?

Neil

No, it's old fashioned hunting due to the lateral damping being too
soft. solved by a simple mod.

Roger