Old September 9th 10, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Travelling on Sunday

"MIG" wrote in message
On 9 Sep, 14:26, "Batman55" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Sep 9, 10:37 am, Paul wrote:

clip

They are pretty pig ignorant about where their tracks actually go.

A complaint about a train diverted via Sidcup still being advertised
at platform 3 at Lewisham got no joy. Their letter referred to "last
minute platform changes" being necessary.

My complaint made it clear that platform 3 had been physically
impossible to reach for at least half an hour and that there had been
no announcement of a platform change anyway, last minute or
otherwise. This has happened more than once.

As at London Bridge and Waterloo East frequently, they ran the train
"on time" and unannounced through a different platform from the one
that people were waiting on.

They are crap. But to be fair, only in dealing with the complaint.
The initial problem was caused by Network Rail not giving a ****,
because SET staff on the ground have no more information than the
punters.

It is a shame. For my sins, back in the dark ages, I used to deal with SED
train complaints when information was really difficult, trunk telephone
lines, a few teleprinters, no photo copying and, of course, no computers.
But every complaint got investigated and individually replied to. Obviously
there are only a certain number of ways of saying "sorry your train was
late/cancelled/dirty/full" etc but we still tried to resolve the issue by
memos, phone calls and occasional site visits. We also had to correctly
punctuate and spell our letters!

MaxB