Old September 10th 10, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

The Standard's report says "It is the third train safety alert in three
months", which had me wondering what the other two were. I remember the
runaway rail grinder on the Northern Line, which the Standard mentions,
but it says that "the same 90-tonne train [i.e. the grinder] was
involved in a similar incident six weeks earlier on the Jubilee line".
I don't remember that one at all. Did I miss it or is this yet another
blunder by Dick Murray?

I note that in the online version of the story, the alleged Jubilee line
"similar incident" has become a "similar drama", and they've added
"although a London Underground spokeswoman denied the train was out of
control", which suggests that it was something quite different.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...n-rush-hour.do
--
Richard J.