Old September 10th 10, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

In message , at 10:42:51 on Fri, 10 Sep
2010, d remarked:
Surely it was still failsafe? No trains were signalled to collide with
each other.

Only because the oncoming train was still had 1km and some signals between it
and the station. If it had been 100 metres away we could be looking at a very
different situation.

Is that speculation, or have you done a site visit and examined the
configuration of the signalling?

While one train got sent off the "wrong way", I don't think anyone has
said that this was combined with route setting/signalling from the
*opposite* direction having ignored that this wrong thing had happened.