Old January 27th 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Are bonds the way forward?

From: "Angus Bryant"

A plan to grant Ken Livingstone the power to raise hundreds of millions
of pounds for transport projects through issuing bonds is under
consideration

As long as it's only "transport projects" we're in the clear. However,
knowing the way our parliamentary democracy works, the legislation will
probably allow him to raise money for anything and everything.

Moreover, even if it's just transport, there's no way i could buy bonds to
support, say, improvements to the tube without also contributing to bloody
crossrail and other such nonsense. Still, it's better than nothing.

tom

--
Nothing endures but change. -- Heraclitus