Old January 27th 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default oyster and automatic travelcards

In message , Ian F.
writes
"Jill" wrote in message
.. .

I've always had to ask myself each time I use the tube - what am I
doing today? Do I need a one day travelcard or is a straight single
each way going to be enough? If there's a strong possibility I'll be
doing more than a straight return, or using bus and tube, I buy a
travelcard. I only use my pre-pay Oyster on the days when I wouldn't
have needed a travelcard.

My pattern of use pretty much matches yours. So, one wonders, what is the
point of people like us having an Oyster card at all?

Single journeys are charged at 2003 prices with some extra discounts at
weekends and bank holidays.

I am just sticking to
ODTCs

Which is sensible until capping is enabled.

or return tickets until such time as Oyster becomes smarter.

Which means, not only do you have a ticket which is very easily
corruptible by mobiles phones and other magnetic sources but you also
lose out on the discount.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.