Old September 11th 10, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

In message . li, at
15:24:48 on Sat, 11 Sep 2010, Tom Anderson
remarked:
If we accept that stopping at a red is an acceptable part of the safety
mechanism, why can't we also accept that stopping at the absence of a
green, or the absence of any signal, is?

Which goes back to the route knowledge people have dismissed a bit
prematurely, earlier in the thread.

Anyway, if a train has come out of the platform at the top, it's a bit
obvious that if should be taking the x-over to get to the westbound
track. http://goo.gl/maps/HuzB

And it's only about 300 metres to West Ham station, so the other train
must have been well west of there (maybe at Bromley-by-Bow station?).