Old September 11th 10, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

"Alan Ben It" wrote in message

It was the equipment that was faulty.The points moved when they
shouldn't have. The failsafe of having points set and locked with a
green signal (in this instance) failed..

Presumably the fact that the Plaistow bay was in normal passenger use by
Friday (or earlier - that's when I saw it in normal use) suggests that
whatever the fault actually was it was immediately fixable. Anything at all
unpredictable and trains still wouldn't be running ...

However it did occur to me that they are still some way through the
installation of the new central turnback siding between West Ham and
Plaistow. Presumably that will be requiring significant changes to the
interlocking in the whole area. I believe that it will become the normal
reversing point for short workings, ie pax will be tipped out at West Ham,
but it is also obvious from the installed track layout that it will be
accessible from both ends - so there are at least 6 new sets of points in
the area between the two stations.

But, IF the final design allows for entry to the central turnback siding
from the Plaistow bay, I'd be looking at the stage they'd got to in the
modifications...

(I am not a signalling engineer though, corrections welcome...)

Paul S