Old September 14th 10, 12:40 PM posted to uk.railway,cam.transport,uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Late night transport from London [was: Last train KGX-CBG]

On Sep 13, 9:20*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
In addition when the 29/N29 goes double deck the night service will be
more frequent than the day service! *Having been insane enough to
venture into the night to snap some night buses I can confirm that the
network is surprisingly busy and often in places where you would not
expect it. *Needless to say, though, the N29 is crazily busy - certainly
more people crammed in than during the day.

It's been a while since I've had the joys of the N29 (and no longer
live in Wood Green, so I'm spared it forevermore) - but on a Friday or
Saturday night, to guarantee getting on one (never mind a seat), I'd
often walk down from Tottenham Court Road to Trafalgar Square. It'd
often be sardines right through to Holloway, and you'd have to hope
for the best that it wouldn't decide to turn short at Finsbury Park.
(The high number of people squashed together also makes it a
pickpockets' paradise - often somewhere around Holloway Road, someone
would realise their pocket or handbag had been dipped, and the ne'er-
do-well was probably already back in Camden finding their next target.)