Old September 19th 10, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default BorisBus prototype pictures - BBC News

On 19 Sep, 17:50, Neil Williams
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:27:31 +0100, Paul Corfield

wrote:
There usually is. I have certainly experienced nearly being thrown on
the floor because a yoof decided that exiting via the rear door would be
a great idea while the bus was moving slowly in a traffic jam. *The
brakes certainly came on!

Surprising - that sort of interlock is very dangerous on a road
vehicle, as it could maroon it in the middle of a junction. *I always
thought it was a simpler form than you get on rail, in that the
handbrake wouldn't release if the door was open, but if the door
became open when the handbrake was released it wouldn't do anything.

Yes; I thought that the general trend was not to allow passenger
alarms and other features to remove control from the driver, certainly
on trains. Maybe London buses don't often have to turn right into
dual carriageways, but I wouldn't fancy being in one that might get
halted in front of oncoming lorries etc.