Old September 22nd 10, 11:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default LU incidents - Rail Grinding Train, Signals etc.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:06:30 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Stephen
Furley wrote this:-

It also does sound as if the RGT, with all
brakes isolated, an not even a hand brake capable of being operated by
those on board, was simply coupled to another train, and hauled up the
gradient towards East Finchley, but I find it difficult to believe
that this was actually done.

It does sound like it. The Prohibition Notice [1]
http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pdf/prohibition-notice-tubelines-160810.pdf
seems like a sensible response to this by the RI. I find it
difficult to believe that anyone considered this a safe system of
work, particularly on what is ISTR a considerable gradient.

[1] the link is not a copy of the notice just a summary.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54