Old September 22nd 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default I'm in the tunnel

On 22/09/2010 11:55, Recliner wrote:

Am I mistaken? Did One2One ever work on the tube, or was that just a
plan that never came to fruition? And if it did work on the tube,
what happened to that infrastructure and why and when did it stop
working?

I don't think it was ever more than a plan. And I think originally it
was only going to work in stations, not the tunnels between them.

There were some stations that had CT2 telepoint (Hutchinson Rabbit, BT
Phonepoint, Mercury Callpoint and Zonephone) equipment installed in or
near stations. This wasn't compatible with PCN/GSM mobile comms, but
might be the original recollection? This was between 1989 and 1994.

--
Adrian C