Old September 22nd 10, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default I'm in the tunnel

In article , Steve Terry
scribeth thus
"Roy Stilling" wrote in message
On 22 Sep, 11:55, "Recliner" wrote:
"Roy Badami" wrote in message

On 22/09/10 11:24, Recliner wrote:

snip
Have they got the emergency services' Tetra radios working in the Tube
yet? This was one of the recommendations post 7/7. Presumably it'd
be relatively easy to piggy-back civilian mobile traffic onto that
infrastructure if it has actually been completed.
Roy

If the emergency services had adopted GSM Pro instead of Tetra,
they could have added leaky feeder down the tube for all to use
at least 10 years ago.

Steve Terry

ISTR we had this argument somewhile ago and did we came to any
conclusion why it wasn't done?..

I mean sound engineering reasons?..
--
Tony Sayer