Old September 22nd 10, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu[_2_] Steve Dulieu[_2_] is offline

Default I'm in the tunnel

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:24:29 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

It would mean Tube passengers could stay in mobile range throughout
their journey, a move which could boost the capital's economy, although
there would almost certainly be some quiet carriages on Underground
trains where phones were banned.

Even better idea - how about making it data-only? Texting and use of
the Internet is not disruptive. Phone calls on a crowded Tube train
would be unpleasant.

Same with planes, really.

One of my members of staff at Arnos has a mobile that announces in a loud
Yoda voice "Mmmm, message from the dark side there is..." whenever he gets a
text message. Trust me, texting can be pretty disruptive...
--
Cheers, Steve
To reply change the exclamatory smelly stuff to a well known mobile telecoms