Old September 26th 10, 02:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Ludgate Hill overbridge

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 05:21:16 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Mizter T
wrote this:-

for a short period the embryonic Thameslink service did indeed
cross the Ludgate Hill bridge before descending down the old incline
to the Snow Hill tunnels (and on to Farringdon).

One got a nice view of St Pauls from the bridge, if one looked at
the right moment.

The new station is a great improvement, but I wish the view was
still possible. However, the City had been trying to get the bridge
removed since it was opened and eventually they got their way.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54