Old September 28th 10, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Up/down/northbound/westbound?

On Sep 28, 3:08*pm, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:37:50 +0100

Basil Jet wrote:
This line uses Waterloo and Bank as its direction of travel. Which makes
a lot more sense IMO.

Really? Not Waterloo and City?

I haven't used it for years but I'm pretty sure it said "To Bank" or something
like that tho perhaps it does say "City". At any rate , it doesn't use compass
directions.

Public signs say Bank (or 'To Bank'), not City (or 'To City'). I think
the W&C line station at the Bank end was indeed once called (and
signed) "City", so things would likely have been different then (CULG
doesn't help me on this though).