Old September 29th 10, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Northern line lift at King's Cross

On Sep 29, 12:04*am, "Richard J." wrote:

Roy Badami wrote on 28 September 2010 23:13:13 ...

The Smile passageway is so called because...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67655316@N00/225943955/

Because ....?

Because, I assume (although it is not incredibly easy to read in that
photograph), the design on the inside of the tunnel is actually letering
that says "SMILE"

Oh, I see! *I thought the splodges of colour were national flags or
something; didn't realise they were letters.

And I thought you were asking me *why* it said "smile"!

There's a rather dark side to the passageway though, which doesn't
really match up with it's smiley façade.