Old September 30th 10, 01:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Ex- Underground Carriages to meet capacity requirements?

On Sep 30, 10:18*am, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sep 30, 1:02*am, 1506 wrote:

It occurs to me that with some track modification, District and Circle
stock, could run on the Euston to Watford DC lines. *This might allow
other stock to usefully be deployed elsewhere on the Overground.

If you're going to do that, why withdraw the 313s in the first place?
I think 313s would be preferable to knackered C-stock.

I don't think London Overground is set to be short of rolling stock -
TfL managed to work things quite well in terms of getting funding for
a sufficient number of trains (which will cover the increased service
frequencies that are in the pipeline).