Old October 1st 10, 05:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crossrail and Tube upgrades spared the axe - NCE

On Oct 1, 5:57*pm, "Tim Fenton" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether
you are an apprentice. The current rates a
£5.93 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
£4.92 - the 18-20 rate
£3.64 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under
18
£2.50 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over
and in the first year of their apprenticeship

Thank you kind Sir ;-)

So 16 and 17 year olds get less guaranteed NMW than 18 to 20 year olds, but
they again get less than 21 year olds. 3.64 isn't much, is it? Paying less
for fares must be pretty useful in those circs.

Indeed.

When EMA payments have been delayed in the past I know it's really
stuffed some youngsters and their families up - must admit I dunno
whether the EMA scheme is itself threatened by the cuts.
Info on EMA:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio.../EMA/DG_066951