Old January 28th 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
Jack Tyson Jack Tyson is offline

Default Cycle parking at stations

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:51:45 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

Jack Tyson wrote:

If better, any tips on easily-reversible ways to make it look
rubbish..?

Leave some dirt on. Tape wraped around frame is a common ploy but then
people might then think the frame is better than it is! :-)

It's looking pretty dirty at the moment so that's good.

I shall bear in mind the double-edged-sword element of taping the
frame...

If quick release wheels instead of nutted, the skewers could be replaced
with security skewers that require a separate special key to operate.
Same kind of thing can be done with seatpost (depending on what fastening
system your bike can take).
I recommend these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3656547117

Sounds like a good idea but I've no idea how these would be fitted -
I'm afraid I hate repairing mechanical things. Is it difficult?

Good d-lock (eg. Kryptonite) and perhaps a cable lock in addition for the
wheels or frame.

These are the locks I have.

An Oxford Revolver Armoured Cable Lock, £30, which I use to secure the
frame -
Pictu http://www.oxprod.com/Bicycle/Revolvercycle.jpg
PDF spec: http://www.oxprod.com/pdf/revolverpdf.pdf

And a Decathlon "SP3" cable lock, £5, which I usually run through the
quick release saddle, quick release front wheel and the frame
Pic: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/product/400/344737b.jpg
Product page:
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ukstore/produit.asp?int_DeptId=269&int_DeptPereId=33054&in t_PfId=344737

Any opinions on their suitability for protecting my bike?

--
Jack