Old January 28th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Bisping Dave Bisping is offline

Default Adverse weather effecting tubes

Faringdon station closed tonight at around 6:30 due to 'safety' reasons,
it was hard to hear this over the speakers but it seems this was because
there was some snow on the end of the platforms, trains were non-
stopping,

Very rude station staff trying to get people,of the platforms including
threating to call the police to remove disgruntled passengers and
physically pushing people (who as usual were give no proper explanation)

Dave...

(Boltar) wrote in
m:

(Andy Coleman) wrote in message
. com...
Hi,

I'm in North London and we do not seem to have much snow here,
apparently there are problems on the central and metropolitan lines.
So whats the snow like were these trains are going?

A couple of flakes probably blew across the line which this being
britain of course means that trains immediately break down, points
freeze, rails break and so forth. God help this country if we ever
really get severe weather like they have in scandinavia or central &
eastern europe. God knows what we'd do.

B2003