Old October 4th 10, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail and Tube upgrades spared the axe - NCE

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 06:09:05PM +0100, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 01/10/2010 11:41, Roy Badami wrote:
On 01/10/10 11:34, Bruce wrote:
"But funding for Crossrail and Tube projects will only be retained if
London mayor Boris Johnson abandons plans to scrap the Western
extension of the congestion charging zone or axes concessionary bus
and tram fares for 16-17 year olds."

Assuming those really are the only two options for saving the necessary
money, I wonder which would be politically more palatable?

Well, 16-17 years olds can't vote...

But most of those that would be affected by having their cheap fares
scrapped now will be able to vote in 2012.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

If I could read only one thing it would be the future, in the
entrails of the ******* denying me access to anything else.