Old October 8th 10, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default District distress

For the first time in ages I'm using the Underground, specifically the
District between Whitechapel and Temple, changing to and from the ELL.
The contrast between the two is extreme - I'm shocked at how decrepit
the trains, track and some stations are on the District, and how awfully
slow it is. I guess it's going to be like that for a long time or until
bits drop off (oh, they are about to...).

E.