Old October 8th 10, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default District distress

On 08/10/2010 18:23, eastender wrote:
For the first time in ages I'm using the Underground, specifically the
District between Whitechapel and Temple, changing to and from the ELL.
The contrast between the two is extreme - I'm shocked at how decrepit
the trains, track and some stations are on the District, and how awfully
slow it is. I guess it's going to be like that for a long time or until
bits drop off (oh, they are about to...).

E.

Coming in from the west, I saw a sign at one of the stations saying that
there have been less District trains available, due to some sort of
safety component issue. This specifically concerns D-stock, it would seem.

Any comments?