Old January 29th 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Anon Anon is offline

Default Oyster readers turned off

Some gates at East Finchley only work in one direction so there should
always be one validator for way in and way out.
There is also a stand alone validator which works in both directions but it
has a long term problem so probably was not working.
The only trouble comes when an emergency plunger is pressed as this will set
all gates to exit only.
East Finchley is also a depot station so many of the staff you see are
drivers and therefore have no direct knowledge about the gates.
At present there are meant to be six staff on a roster working the gates.
However only one vacancy is filled.

Thanks for not being to vocal about the problems. There were enough people
this morning making there views known. I have yet to find out why decisions
were made but the staff in charge are experienced and would not shut a
station unless they really had to. Apologies on there behalf.

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Kat wrote:
I can see that this is a problem for stations which for staffing reasons
have the gateline unmanned,

Manned, too; at East Finchley last night, all the gates were in
exit mode.

Although there were staff about, I didn't bother them. I'll get
the inevitable unsresolved journey fixed when I pick up a customer
charter form at the next queue-free ticket office I see. [1]

[1] I would have been rude; I'd just walked from Finchley Central,
and was a bit cold, a bit late, and quite a lot ****ed off.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.