Old January 29th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adam Adam is offline

Default oyster and automatic travelcards

On 2004-01-27 11:30:31 +0000, "Bob Wood" said:

In ,
I don't think this is intended. I think the idea is that people can

start
the day and only pay for a single journey, but later in the day when they
make other journeys the amount that is taken from the card during the day
will be 'capped' to the amount payable for the appropriate one day
travelcard. This would prevent the 'wasting' of money on a travelcard

if
subsequent travel was not up to the cost of the travelcard - IMO a
good idea.

Any idea if this will include LT cards too (ie: cap at LT card rate not
Travelcard rate)? I get the Underground in the morning, but often the
Underground + Chiltern (LT Cards accepted) in the evening, when Maralybone
Underground is open.

I don't know what my plans are in advance because the train leaves at
5:26pm now and doesn't run very often, so depending on if I'm going to miss
it or not, I make a choice of how to get home.

Thanks.