Old October 13th 10, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Complete London / new publication

On Oct 12, 10:50*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2010\10\11 15:44, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Basil Jet wrote:

Interesting stuff... There is a lot of black-on-dark-grey writing on
the night side, which IMO is a mistake in a map which would often be
used in poor light.

Unless they've printed it in luminous ink!

Non-radioactive luminous paint needs to be exposed to light before it glows
back for an hour or so, so unfolding a map in the dark would create no glow.

Yes, so if they've any sense, they'll have used the radioactive sort.

I wonder what other, non-carcinogenic, technologies there are for this
now. Electroluminescent ink printed on a thin film of organic conductor?

I can't see why it can't just be sold with a free 'torch in the
forehead' implant - call it the 'Third Eye [tm]', market it right
amongst the impressionable and hey before no time it'll be the new
must have trend in the metropolis.