Old October 13th 10, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default My Thoughts on Recent LU Coverage

In message
, at
14:11:00 on Wed, 13 Oct 2010, MIG
remarked:
Passengers can generally find the platforms at a railway station, it's
not clear why emergency services staff can't. Especially if there are
hundreds of wounded people milling around.

On foot I could find the platform at, say, Euston. Not so sure I
would automatically know the road access route to the platforms or be
able to get the gates open.

If Brazilian electricians[1] can vault over gates, so can the emergency
services.

(And Euston is perhaps a bad example as the Fire Station is literally
next door; meanwhile the District Line tracks at Edgware Road are a lot
more visible from the road, and I'd be surprised if the Fire Brigade
weren't shown round from time to time to check the place out.)

[1] Maybe we need a rider to Godwin's Law?