Old October 13th 10, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default My Thoughts on Recent LU Coverage

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
14:11:00 on Wed, 13 Oct 2010, MIG remarked:
Passengers can generally find the platforms at a railway station, it's
not clear why emergency services staff can't. Especially if there are
hundreds of wounded people milling around.

On foot I could find the platform at, say, Euston. Not so sure I
would automatically know the road access route to the platforms or be
able to get the gates open.

If Brazilian electricians[1] can vault over gates, so can the emergency
services.

Hmm. Are you suggesting that to ensure their alacrity in serious
emergencies, rescue teams should be pursued by teams of confused,
panicking armed policemen? Could work.

tom

--
Is there any other type of youth worth having??? -- Ophelia, ufdm,
on misspent youth