Old October 15th 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Eurostar puts a Velaro-D on show in London

In message , at 14:43:09
on Fri, 15 Oct 2010, David Cantrell remarked:
On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 01:26:31PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

Heathrow is not easy to get to, but this is a very pessimistic view, and
a not very optimal way to travel if you are on business. For leisure
purposes time doesn't matter so much, of course.

When I'm on holiday, time matters far *more* than when I'm working.
That's because when I'm on holiday it's *my* time, whereas when I'm
working it's mty *employer's* time.

That a rather depends whether you get overtime.

However, comfort and sanity are also very important, which is why I
refuse to fly for short journeys. And I consider journeys to, say,
Vienna or Rome to be short.

14hrs and 19hrs (overnight too). That's not what I'd call short