Old October 15th 10, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Cornish pasty company

"Adrian" wrote in message
Offramp gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty Co.
The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I really
like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Doesn't mean the wagon's not based in the West Country, though. It's just
a rough area that the dealer who originally supplied it were located,
based on which DVLA local office they use.

And as this is utl some of the first "hopper" buses that LT bought ran
around with NI numbers because that is where they came from (you can tell
because they included the letter I which GB numbers don't allow)

tim