Old October 16th 10, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Cornish pasty company

wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
Offramp gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty
Co. The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I
really like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

If you mean the West Cornwall Pasty Co, I think they're a national chain
these days.

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Not quite.

G is Kent and Sussex (approximately) issued by the Maidstone and
Brighton area offices,

All Hants area registrations start H, from the Portsmouth area
office.

Though HW is allocated to the Isle of Wight.

What I wrote doesn't logically mean 'all registrations which start with 'H'
are Hants though.

I was just pointing out that Hants is H, not G as the earlier poster
thought...

Paul S