Old October 17th 10, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Entering and leaving a station within a few moments

On 17 Oct, 21:56, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

They are apparently "up to" £7. *But given that the reason for
charging maximum fares is that the system doesn't know where you went,
on what basis can it ever calculate a different maximum fare from the
maximum maximum fare?

I think you might be reading too much into 'up to £7.00'. *There are only
two possible LU entry charges (aka max cash fares), peak £6.00, and off-peak
£4.30.

AIUI higher max cash fares are only charged at origins outside the zones
when NR fares are involved.

The £4.00 entry charge for an uncompleted journey prior to Jan 2010 was
potentially less than the correct fare in the peaks, which is why they
changed it to £6.00

Paul S

Yes, I guessed it must be down to the virtual amount deducted on
touching in, but I can't see the logic of not assuming that you've
gone to Watford (and beyond). Thinking about it, an unresolved
journey is more likely to start on LU and end on NR than the other way
round.