Old October 18th 10, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Entering and leaving a station within a few moments

On 18 Oct, 11:27, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:06:08 +0100

Roland Perry wrote:
They still have to get out again. And if they touch their oyster on an
exit gate they'll get stiffed for the maximum fare. Unless they vault over
the gates of course but those sorts of people wouldn't pay anyway.

There are still ways to escape, like via the DLR and some connections to
National Rail.

True. I haven't used the DLR for ages though, but don't the train captains
still check tickets?

Yes, fairly often. I was checked last Thursday (last time I used the
DLR). Probly less likely in the rush hour, but one can't rely on
getting through a half hourish journey in the off peak without a check.