Old October 18th 10, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Eurostar puts a Velaro-D on show in London

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:54:22PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:43:09
on Fri, 15 Oct 2010, David Cantrell remarked:
However, comfort and sanity are also very important, which is why I
refuse to fly for short journeys. And I consider journeys to, say,
Vienna or Rome to be short.

14hrs and 19hrs (overnight too). That's not what I'd call short

An awful lot of that time is spent asleep so doesn't really count. It's
"dead time" whether you spend it on a train or at home.

Last time I took the train to Vienna, I planned it so that I got to
Paris in time to have a late dinner with friends there, to Munich the
next morning to meet a friend for breakfast and beer, and then arriving
in Vienna for lunch. Coming back the other way, I stopped off overnight
in Zurich to, again, visit friends, and also because there was a show on
at the Kunsthaus I wanted to see.

The line between Vienna and Zurich is *very* pretty, and I strongly
recommend doing it one day.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

If I could read only one thing it would be the future, in the
entrails of the ******* denying me access to anything else.