Old October 18th 10, 04:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default The case for free train travel - response to the guy who sent me the link

thedarkman wrote:
thanks for the figures re rail you sent; I've spent an hour or so
going through them but as you say they are not much use. For one
thing, you have to wonder how accurate figures can be for 2009.

On the radio today I heard someone say the total rail subsidy was =A322
billion.

My idea is to nationalise all these companies and remerge them as
British Rail but with the caveat that there should be no train fares
for passengers.

If you think this is nutty

Nutty? No, not at all. ;-)