Old October 19th 10, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Eurostar puts a Velaro-D on show in London

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, d wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:21:28 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
I *never* travel just on business. If my employer is going to pay for
me to go somewhere, then I will wring as much value out of that as
possible.

Thats what I always did.

Ditto. My usual American destination is in Connecticut, so i tack on a
weekend visiting friends in New York. If i'm going to **** away my
friends' childrens' futures in a stream of carbon dioxide, i might as well
be sociable about it.

It amazes me the number of people who don't however. We often get people
flying over from our US offices for a week and most of the time they
never go anywhere other than our office and the hotel. You'd think after
a 9 hour flight to the largest city in europe

You work in Moscow? That explains a lot.

they might be vaguely curious enough to jump on the tube all of 200
metres from the hotel and go into town for an evening out. But
apparently not. *shrug*

Agreed, it's barmy. We get a lot of work visitors over from the US too,
and they usually (not always) arrive sunday night or monday morning, and
leave friday afternoon, getting no good chunk of free time here. They
don't seem to get out much during the week, either; between tiredness from
travel and jetlag, our gruelling work ethic (ha ha) and the fact that we
usually drag them to the pub for a couple of pints after work, they just
don't seem that enthusiastic about it.

tom

--
VENN DIAGRAM THAT LOOK LIKE TWO BIG CIRCLES EQUAL BAD PUBLIC POLICY.